Puer nobis nascitur
Puer nobis nascitur is an old Gregorian chant, variously harmonized and translated. Meter is 77. 77.
The tune can be found in the 15th century Trier manuscript. Lyrics in Latin by an unknown author, possibly 4th century.
Settings of the tune available at CPDL
- Puer nobis nascitur (Gregorian chant) – Transcription of the basic chant itself.
- Unto us a boy is born! (Anonymous) – Harmonized by Geoffrey Shaw, English translation by Percy Dearmer.
- Unto us is born a Son (Anonymous) – Harmonized by G. H. Palmer, English translation by George R. Woodward.
- Puer nobis nascitur (George Ratcliffe Woodward) – Harmonized by George R. Woodward, 1910, English translation by John M. Neale, 1862, altered.
- Puer nobis nascitur - Uns ist gborn ein Kindelein (Michael Praetorius) - Harmonized by Michael Praetorius, 1609, lyrics in Latin and German.