Service in G minor (Nathaniel Patrick)
First published: 1790 in Cathedral Music, Volume 1 (Samuel Arnold)
Description: Service in G minor. Erroneously attributed by Arnold to Richard Patrick (see "Dotted Crotchet" 1905). It is reasonable to assume there was a manuscript from circa 1590.
Movements in this work
- 1. Te Deum – We praise thee, O God – two antiphonal SATB choirs
- 2. Benedictus – Blessed be the Lord God – two antiphonal SATB choirs
- 3. Miserere – Lord have mercy upon us – two antiphonal SATB choirs
- 4. The Nicene Creed – I believe in one God
- 5. Magnificat in G minor – My soul doth magnify the Lord
- 6. Nunc dimittis in G minor – Lord now lettest thou thy servant depart
- "Dotted Crotchet". 1905. Worcester Cathedral. The Musical Times 46:705-714, November 1, 1905.