The Fauns and Satyrs tripping (Thomas Tomkins)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-12-23). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 117 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16887, with minor corrections to the underlay. Revised files uploaded 06/09/19.
- Editor: Diana Thompson (submitted 2009-05-03). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 136 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-05-09). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 91 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-15). Score information: Letter, 16 pages, 148 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 V. M. Brennan.
Title: Fauns and satyrs tripping, The
Composer: Thomas Tomkins
Original text and translations
The Fauns and Satyrs tripping,
with lively Nymphs of fresh, cool brooks and fountains,
and those of woods and mountains:
Like Roes, came nimbly skipping,
by signs their mirth unripping,
My fair Queen, they presented with Amaltheas twenty
brimful of wealthy plenty,
and still to give, frequented,
with bare gifts not contented.
The demigods pray to the Gods supernal;
Her life, Her wealth, Her fame may be eternal.
Then sang the shepherds and Nymphs of Diana:
long live fair Oriana!