The Lord, th'Almighty monarch, spake (Joseph Haydn)
- Editor: Tulipo Petressian (submitted 2016-01-09). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 63 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-02-21). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Keyboard reduction of voice parts added.
Original text and translations
1. The Lord th'Almighty Monarch spake,
And bade the earth the summons take,
Far as his eyes the realms survey,
Of rising and declining day.
2. Revealed from Sion's sacred bound,
The seat with matchless beauty crowned,
Our God his course shall downward bend,
Nor silent to his work descend.
3. Heav'n from above shall hear his call,
And thou the vast terrestrial ball,
While man's whole race their Judge shall meet,
In countless throngs be fore his feet.
4. Th'applauding heav'ns the changeless doom,
While God the balance shall assume,
In full memorial shall record,
And own the justice of the Lord.