The lass of Richmond hill (James Hook)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2020-06-27). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 76 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arranged by Henry David Leslie. SATB version. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2018-05-01). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arranged by Henry David Leslie, SATB version. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. This edition comprises Hook's much-loved song (see CPDL #17936) recast by Henry Leslie for use by glee clubs, madrigal societies and the like.
- Editor: Jonathan Goodliffe (submitted 2008-08-20). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 52 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Tenor solo version. Piano accompaniment realised by William Alexander Barrett.
Original text and translations
1 On Richmond Hill there lives a lass
More bright than May-day morn,
Whose charms all other maids' surpass
A rose without a thorn.
R: This lass so neat, with smiles so sweet
Has won my right goodwill,
I'd crowns resign to call thee mine,
Sweet lass of The Lass of Richmond Hill.
2 Ye zephyrs gay that fan the air
And wanton thro' the grove,
O whisper to my charming fair,
"I die for her I love."
3 How happy will the shepherd be,
Who calls this nymph his own,
O may her choice be fixed on me,
Mine’s fixed on her alone.