Ultimi miei sospiri (Philippe Verdelot)
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2020-05-21). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 117 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Madregali di Verdelot a sei, Gardano 1561. Original key (chiavi naturali) and note values. The two Altos notated in transposed violin clef. The source has fidel in each voice, which we have modified to fedel.
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2008-06-04). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 88 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Note values have been halved and barlines added for modern convention. Original key one step lower.
Title: Ultimi miei sospiri
Composer: Philippe Verdelot
First published: 1541 in La più divina et più bella musica che se udisse giamai delli presenti madrigali, 6vv, Venice, no. 1
Description: This madrigal is the source of 2 parodies: a mass by Philippe de Monte and a Magnificat by Lassus.
- This madrigal (and the parody mass by de Monte) have been recently recorded by Cinquecento
Original text and translations
- The translation is given as literal and not as poetic translation, with the hope that the original intent of the words is communicated and follows the Italian text closely. Corrections/suggestions are welcome.
| Italian text
Ultimi miei sospiri
My last sighs