Veni Sancte Spiritus a 6 (Adrian Willaert)
- (Posted 2018-10-29) CPDL #51623:
- Original pitch (high chiavette):
- Transposed down a minor third: - Alto is in tenor clef (12 pages)
- Transposed down a fourth: - Mezzosoprano and Alto are in tenor clef.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-10-29). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 199 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1559 print. Original note values. Sextus (Mezzosoprano) notated in different key than the other voices.
Title: Veni Sancte Spiritus a 6
Composer: Adrian Willaert
First published: 1559 in Musica nova, no. 1.11
Description: The Mezzosoprano (Sextus) and the Tenor II (Quintus) sing a canon in the fifth. So whereas the piece is notated in F major, the Sextus is notated a fifth higher in C major.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Veni Sancte Spiritus.