When circumstances drain the soul (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2020-06-11). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes:
First published: 2020
Original text and translations
1. When circumstances drain the soul
to leave us dry as sand,
compassion understands the way
to fill us up again.
2. When Jesus learned that John was dead
he sought a lonely place;
instead he found a teeming crowd
who ran to him for grace.
3. The people brought ten thousand needs
and waited to be fed,
and Jesus, for the love of God,
was willing to be bread.
4. God, show us in our emptiness
that there is grace to spare
each time we take the bread we have,
look up, give thanks, and share.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.