Ye sacred muses (William Byrd)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-04-12). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 136 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14880, with corrections. Revised files uploaded 15/11/22.
- Editor: Shaun Pirttijarvi (submitted 2011-01-24). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arranged for voice and keyboard instrument.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-09). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Sabine Cassola (submitted 2004-01-30). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 152 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Ye sacred muses
Composer: William Byrd
Description: Elegy for Thomas Tallis
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
Original text and translations
Ye sacred Muses, race of Jove,
whom Music's lore delighteth,
Come down from crystal heav'ns above
to earth where sorrow dwelleth,
In mourning weeds, with tears in eyes:
Tallis is dead, and Music dies.