Caro mea vere est cibus (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-01-03). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 383 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed one tone higher (for SATTB), otherwise identical to CPDL #56509 below. Revised edition uploaded 18 July 2021.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-01-03). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 385 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SATTB or ATTTB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from all three sources listed below. Revised edition uploaded 18 July 2021.
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2016-10-24). Score information: Letter, 11 pages Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Caro mea vere est cibus (2.p. Hic est panis)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
Source of text: John 6:56–57 & 59
First published: 1535 in Attaingnant, Liber decimustertius XVIII. musicales … (4,5 & 6 vv) [Paris] (RISM 1535/5)
2nd published: 1539 in Moderne, Quartus liber mottetorum (5 & 6 vv) [Lyon] (RISM 1539/5)
3rd published: 1539 in Gardano, Secundus liber … mottetti del fiore (5vv) [Venice] (RISM 1539/6)
Description: Jacobus Clemens non Papa used this motet as the model for his parody mass, Missa Caro mea.
Original text and translations
| Latin text
Caro mea vere est cibus,
| English translation|
My flesh is meat indeed,
Original text and translations may be found at Caro mea vere est cibus.