Columna es immobilis (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:27, 8 December 2021 by Claude T (talk | contribs) (→Music files: Exported PDF file as MXL one, uploaded and added link)
- (Posted 2018-11-29) CPDL #52458:
- Original key (high chiavette):
- Transposed down a tone:
- Transposed down a fourth: - Mezzosoprano (Sextus) and Alto in transposed violin clef.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-11-29). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 117 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1575 print. Original note values.
Title: Columna es immobilis
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
Number of voices: 6vv Voicing: SMsATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1575 in Motettorum liber tertius, 5-8vv, no. 23
Description: An antiphone for Lauds on the feast of St. Lucia. The Tenor and the Sextus (Mezzosoprano) sing a canon in the fifth.
Original text and translations
Columna es immobilis, Lucia, sponsa Christi,
quia omnis plebs te expectat ut accipias coronam vitae.