Passio secundum Joannem (Tomás Luis de Victoria)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Editor: Spencer Bartley (submitted 2022-03-03). Score information: Letter, 19 pages, 1.08 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: English edition using N.R.S.V translation. Selection as per Book of Common Prayer for Good Friday; John 18:1-19:37. Chronista (C), Christus (+), and Synogogus (S) solo parts with SATB Turba responses.
- Editor: Karol Jaworski (submitted 2021-03-19). Score information: Octavo, 16 pages, 909 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: English edition using KJV translation. Verses as per Book of Common Prayer reading for Good Friday. Both solo (plainchant) and 4-part turbam (T.L. de Victoria) parts included. Short form, starting from John 19 at Victoria's no. 6 "Ave rex".
- Editor: Bud Clark (submitted 2006-03-10). Score information: A4, 41 pages, 214 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: In English translation with full plainchants. Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score.
- Editor: Nancho Alvarez (submitted 2004-10-19). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 75 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Pasión San Juan, listed under 'Oficio de Semana Santa' (Good Friday). Full score and individual parts available as midi files.
Title: Passio secundum Joannem
Composer: Tomás Luis de Victoria
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Oratorio, Passion
Instruments: A cappella
Description: Turba Passion
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Passio secundum Joannem.
- Posted in March 2022
- Spencer Bartley editions
- Editions with large score files
- Karol Jaworski editions
- Bud Clark editions
- Works in English
- Keyboard reduction
- Nancho Alvarez editions
- Tomás Luis de Victoria compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music
- Good Friday