Aliases: Pierreson, Pyrison
Born: ca. 1520
Died: ca. 1562
Perissone Cambio was a Franco-Flemish composer and singer of the Renaissance, active in Venice. He was one of the most prominent students and colleagues of Adrian Willaert during the formative years of the Venetian School, and published several books of madrigals in the 1540s. Perissone became one of Willaert's students, and part of a close group which included Girolamo Parabosco, Baldassare Donato, Jacques Buus, Jacques Du Pont, and Cipriano de Rore; in addition he acquired a reputation as an excellent singer, most likely of high vocal parts.
- The above is an excerpt from Wikipedia. For the full article, click here.
List of choral works
- Amor m’à posto come segno a strale
- Amor se quei begli occhi
- Chi mette il piè su l’amorosa pania
- Li nostri preti han questa bona usanza
- Quando nascesti, Amore?
- Sapete amanti perche amor e cieco
- Scarpello si vedra di piombo
- Zucharo porti dentro
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here