Talk:Alma Redemptoris Mater a 8 (Collegio Romano ms.) (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
In the interest of compatability I have posted an edition in Sibelius 4. Johnhenryfowler 14:57, 6 October 2008 (UTC)
Errors in CPDL #18108
There are a few errors in the Sibelius file:
- b. 7 soprano: second note should be G
- b. 12 tenor and bass: 'surgere' mistyped
- b. 14 soprano: last note requires an editorial natural, ideally
- b. 35 soprano: the semibreve should probably be F rather than G, I imagine, although G also appears in the Finale score.
- I have made these changes. Thanks, Mick, for pointing these out !
- Johnhenryfowler 14:03, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
Regarding the PDF edition:
- bass m25-6 is missing a tie.
- Also, while it isn't strictly an error, I humbly suggest that the editorial slurs may prove more distracting than useful to most early music practitioners.
Acole 00:37, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
Bar 14 Two syllables, po-pu- on one note.
Bar 37 pe- instead of pec- in Bass
Bar 41 as above for Sop
Bar 44 as above for Bass
Bar 43-44 misere instead of miserere in Tenor
Jamesgibb 10:41, 14 February 2011 (CST)
- New PDF and Sib files have just been uploaded with the corrections requested by Acole and James Gibb. —Carlos (talk) 15:38, 13 October 2015 (UTC)