Tribus miraculis (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2013-08-18). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 95 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #10006, with minor errors corrected.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2005-12-30). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 119 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Thanks go to Mick Swithinbank for his eagle-eye proof-reading. These edits are now incorporated into editions marked 1-29-2006 or later.
Title: Tribus Miraculis
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
First published: 1564 in Motecta festorum totius anni liber primus, 4vv, no. 5
Description: Motet for Epiphany: "For these three miracles so wondrous." The three miracles are all regarded as manifestations (or Epiphanies) of the Divinity of the Lord:
- The visit of the Magi
- The baptism in Jordan
- The marriage feast of Cana
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Tribus miraculis.