All Things Fair and Bright are Thine (Oliver Shaw)
- (Posted 2019-11-19) CPDL #55986:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-11-19). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 69 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: A few minor edits, otherwise as written in 1817.
First published: 1817 in a separate by Oliver Shaw, Providence
Description: "Sung at the oratorio performed by the Handel and Haydn Society in Boston, July 5th, 1817, in presence of the President of the United States [James Monroe]. Published and sold by O. Shaw, at his Musical Repository, Providence [Rhode Island]." Words by Thomas Moore, 1816, in four stanzas of meter 88. 88. 88. Shaw used the first four lines of the first stanza in his composition.
Original text and translations
1. Thou art, O God, the life and light
3. When night, with wings of starry gloom,