Arise, awake (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2020-06-04) CPDL #59040:
- Editor: Gary D. Cannon (submitted 2020-06-04). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 79 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2011-12-24) CPDL #25218:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-24). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 48 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reforamtting of #15064, with corrections. Revised files uploaded 23/01/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15064:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 85 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: PDF file created and uploaded to CPDL server 12-23-2007. NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Arise, awake
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Arise, awake, awake,
You silly shepherds sleeping;
Devise some honour for her sake
By mirth to banish weeping.
See where she comes, lo where,
In gaudy green arraying,
A prince of beauty rich and rare for her delighting
Pretends to go a-maying.
You stately nymphs draw near
And strew your paths with roses;
In you her trust reposes.
Then sang the shepherds and nymphs of Diana:
Long live fair Oriana.