Jump to navigation Jump to search
Born: c. 1635
Died: after 23 July 1686
Pfleger was born in Schlackenwerth, Bohemia, where he became Kapellmeister and dedicated his Opus 1 to the Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg. In 1662 he went to Güstrow as vice-Kapellmeister to Duke Gustav Adolph of Mecklenburg and in 1665 he was appointed Kapellmeister to the Schleswig-Holstein court at Gottorf, where he was succeeded by Johann Theile in 1673. A ms. cycle of 72 German cantatas for the church year is dedicated to the Flensburg city council. In 1686 he returned to the court at Schlackenwerth and vanishes from the record.
View the Wikipedia article on Augustin Pfleger.
List of choral works
- Es muß das Zepter von Juda
- Ich will meinen Mund auftun in gleichnisse
- In tribulatione invocavimus Dominum
- Iustorum animae
- Und es war eine Hochzeit zu Cana
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Psalmi, dialogi et motettae, 2–5vv, bc, op.1 (Hamburg, 1661)
- Odae concertantes … in Actu Inaugurationis lusit musicorum chorus et compositione … (Kiel, 1666)
- Works by Augustin Pfleger in the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)