Bleib bei uns, Herr (Michael Praetorius)
- (Posted 2011-04-26) CPDL #23437:
- Editor: Richard Mix (submitted 2011-04-26). Score information: Letter, 1 page Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes: transposed to B flat for mixed choir.
- (Posted 2007-01-26) CPDL #13489:
- Editor: Martin Neumann (submitted 2007-01-26). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed from SAAB (C major) to TTBB (F major).
Title: Bleib bei uns Herr
Composer: Michael Praetorius
Description: It seems that Praetorius copied Antonio Scandello's "Bona Sera" and changed the text as well as some rythms and notes. Both composers worked in Dresden, so it is supposable that Praetorius found the piece there.
Original text and translations
Bleib bei uns, Herr, denn es will Abend werden,
Abide with us, Lord, for it is towards evening: