Ecclesiarum mores (Anonymous)
- Editor: Renato Calcaterra (submitted 2016-03-13). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 56 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The brevis in the Contra voice marked with an asterisk above, fills a missing measure.
- Editor: Renato Calcaterra (submitted 2010-04-08). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 129 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original note values. MusicXML file is zipped.
- Possible error(s) identified. Error summary: No text underlay
Title: Ecclesiarum mores
Number of voices: 3vv Voicing: STB
Genre: Sacred, Sequence hymn for several feasts noted below
Instruments: A cappella
Manuscript post 1445 in Trent ms88, copied c.1472-1477, no. 91-048
Original text and translations
Fragments of the sequence 'Clare sanctorum', which was set at greater length by Isaac and Lassus, and was intended for the feast of St Thomas, the Commemoration of St Paul, and the Common of Several Apostles.
Ecclesiarum mores et vitam moderare.
To order the conduct and life of the churches,