Hail, thou source of every blessing (Henry Thomas Smart)
- (Posted 2010-10-06) CPDL #22406:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-10-06). Score information: A4, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From the English Hymnal, 1931.
Original text and translations
1. Hail, thou Source of every blessing, Sovereign Father of mankind!
Gentiles now, thy grace possessing, In thy courts admission find.
Once far off, but now invited, We approach thy sacred throne;
In thy covenant united, Reconciled, redeemed, made one.
2. Now revealed to eastern sages, See the star of mercy shine,
Mystery hid in former ages, Mystery great of love divine.
Hail, thou universal Saviour! Gentiles now their offerings bring,
In thy temple seek thy favour, Jesus Christ, our Lord and King.