Justorum animae (Orlando di Lasso)
- • without accompaniment:
- • MP3 Practice Files: Soprano1: Soprano2: Alto: Tenor: Bass:
- • Midi Practice Files: Soprano1: Soprano2: Alto: Tenor: Bass:
- Editor: William Chimiak (submitted 2021-06-05). Score information: Letter, 11 pages, 120 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2019-11-24) CPDL #56037:
- Editor: Volker Seibt (submitted 2019-11-24). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 77 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Edition after the print from 1582 in modern notation (half note-values), additional accidentals above the notes. Two pages to avoid turning printed pages. The note in bar 30 has a different length in the original in the tenor than in all other parts. I adapted it accordingly.
- (Posted 2017-10-31) CPDL #47149:
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2017-10-31). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 77 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1582 print. Original pitch (high chiavette) and note-values.
- Editor: Joachim Kelecom (submitted 2010-10-09). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 93 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: in D, a minor third down from the original.
- Editor: John Bodinger (submitted 2003-10-17). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 128 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In D.
Title: Justorum animae
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
First published: 1582 in Sacrae cantiones, 5 vocum, no. 8
2nd published: 1604 in Magnum opus musicum, no. 201
3rd published: 1980 in The Chester Book of Motets, Book 11, no. 2
Description: Offertory for All Saints
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Justorum animae.