Ladies, you see time flieth (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-21) CPDL #25201:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-21). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 58 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Based on #15003, with corrections. Revised files uploaded 10/02/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15003:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Ladies, you see time flieth
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 20
Original text and translations
Ladies you see time flieth,
And beauty too it dieth.
Then take your pleasure
while you have leisure.
Nor be so dainty
of that which you have plenty.