Lo, the infant Jesus (Anonymous)
- Editor: Steve Repasky (submitted 2008-12-28). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 24 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: arr. J. S. Repasky. In English, "Lo, the infant Jesus". This is an English version of "Spi, Spi Jezulatko". This version has an added third verse.
- Editor: Steve Repasky (submitted 2008-12-28). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 22 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: "Spi, spi Jezulatko" is from the Spis region of Slovakia as brought to St. Matthias Slovak Catholic Church, Youngstown Ohio in the early 1900's.
Title: Lo, The Infant Jesus
Composer: Anonymous Slovak folk tune
Original text and translations
1. Lo, the infant Jesus sus, in peaceful slumber lay.
Sheltered in a manger, this blessed Christmas day.
Sleep, sleep babe so tender,
True love let us render.
Lord grant in its splendor Thy peace to all mankind.
2. Joyous songs of angels, brought shepherds to the sight.
Wise men came with treasures, His star their guiding light.
3. Grant O Mother Mary, Thy love our hearts may share,
These our gifts though humble, to Christ thy child we bear.