Lo where with flowery head (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-19) CPDL #25185:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-19). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating of #15006. Revised files uploaded 12/02/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15006:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 26 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Lo where with flowery head
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 6
Original text and translations
Lo, where with flowery head and hair all brightsome,
Rosy cheek'd crystal eyed ev'n weeping lightsome,
The fresh Aurora springeth,
And wanton Flora flingeth
Amorous odours unto the winds delightsome.
Ah, for pity and anguish.
Only my heart, only my heart doth languish.