Me, me and none but me (John Dowland)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-16). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 41 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16835.
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-08-16). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 91 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SATB plus lute tablature (6- or 7-course, tenor G tuning).
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-05-07). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 20 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Me me and none but me
Composer: John Dowland
Original text and translations
Me, me and none but me, dart home O gentle death
and quicklie, for I draw too long this idle breath:
O howe I long till I may fly to heaven above,
unto my faithfull and beloved turtle dove.
Like to the silver Swanne, before my death I sing:
And yet alive my fatall knell I helpe to ring.
Still I desire from earth and earthly joyes to flie,
He never happie liv’d, that cannot love to die.