Missa pro defunctis (Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina)
- Editor: Peter Hilton (submitted 2014-11-24). Score information: A4, 25 pages, 272 kB Copyright: CC BY NC SA
- Edition notes: Performance edition, set without bar lines, chant sections given as text only.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2013-08-29). Score information: A4, 19 pages, 241 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Palestrina's Werke, Band 10, Breitkopf und Härtel, Leipzig, 1880. Transposed up a tone: Alto part in violin clef. Editorial musica ficta clearly indicated as such. Midi files zipped.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2013-08-29). Score information: A4, 19 pages, 239 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Source: Palestrina's Werke, Band 10, Breitkopf und Härtel, Leipzig, 1880. Original key (chiavi naturali) and note-values. Alto part in tenor G-clef. Editorial musica ficta clearly indicated as such. Midi files and LilyPond source file zipped. LilyPond version 2.18.2.
Title: Missa pro defunctis
Composer: Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
First published: 1591
2nd published: 1845 in Recueil des morceaux de musique ancienne, as "Requiem", Volume 9, no. 101
3rd published: 1880 in Opera omnia, Vol. 10, ed. Haberl; added to the reprint of Liber Missarum I
Description: This Requiem Mass consists of a Kyrie, the offertory Domine Jesu Christe, Sanctus/Benedictus and a threefold Agnus Dei. The missing Introit, Sequence (Dies irae), Communion and Responsory/Burial, if required, can be sung to plainsong.
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Requiem page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: