Said I that Amarillis (Thomas Morley)
- (Posted 2011-12-20) CPDL #25191:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-12-20). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #15024, with correction. Revised files uploaded 01/03/17.
- (Posted 2007-09-11) CPDL #15024:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 27 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Said I that Amarillis
Composer: Thomas Morley
First published: 1597 in Canzonets or Litle Short Aers to Five and Six Voices, no. 13
Original text and translations
Said I that Amarillis was fairer than is Phillis?
Upon my death I take it,
sweet Phyll I never spake it,
But if you think I did then,
take me and hang me,
Yet let more and more love,
more love and beauty pang me.