Still, still with Thee (Vincent Miller)
- Editor: Vincent Miller (submitted 2020-02-07). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 39 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
Title: Still, Still With Thee
Composer: Vincent Miller
Lyricist: Harriet Beecher Stowe
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Hymn Meter: 11 10. 11 10
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 2020
Original text and translations
1. Still, still with Thee when purple morning breaketh,
When the bird waketh and the shadows flee.
Fairer than morning, lovelier than the daylight
Dawns the sweet consciousness, I am with Thee.
2. Alone with Thee amid the mystic shadows,
The solemn hush of nature newly born,
Alone with Thee in breathless adoration,
In the calm dew and freshness of the morn.
3. When sinks the soul, subdued by toil to slumber,
Its closing eye looks up to Thee in prayer.
Sweet the repose beneath Thy wings o'ershading,
But sweeter still to wake, and find Thee there.
4. So shall it be at last, in that bright morning,
When the soul waketh and life's shadows flee,
Oh, in that hour fairer than daylight dawning,
Shall rise the glorious thought, I am with Thee.