Sweet Prospect (William Walker)
- (Posted 2018-06-22) CPDL #50254:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2018-06-22). Score information: Unknown, 1 page, 55 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Notes in four-shape format, as originally published in 1835. Three (double) stanzas included, from Stennett's hymn.
- (Posted 2006-07-19) CPDL #12051: PDF and MIDI files
- Editor: William Long (submitted 2006-07-19). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 20 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Find score under 'Sacred Harp' section.
Description: A folk hymn from the late eighteenth century (Jackson 1953a, No. 197). The Sacred Harp, p. 65, 1844 to the present. The words by Samuel Stennett in Rippon's Selection, 1778, with seven stanzas. Walker combined two of Stennett's stanzas into one of his stanzas.
External websites: http://www.drdrbill.com/music.html
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at On Jordan's stormy banks I stand.