Vidi turbam magnam (Nicolas Merques)
- (Posted 2015-11-09) CPDL #37471:
- Editor: Harrison Hackett (submitted 2015-11-09). Score information: A4, 1 page, 305 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: CPDL #24893 in modern notation and pitched for ABB. Suggested underlay for lower parts added.
- (Posted 2011-11-07) CPDL #24893: (XML)
- Editor: Renato Calcaterra (submitted 2011-11-07). Score information: A4, 1 page, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: MusicXML file is zipped. Original note values, no barlines, text underlay only for alto line.
Title: Vidi turbam magnam
Composer: Nicolas Merques
'Source of text: Reveleation 7:9
Description: “Antiphona in festo omnium sanctorum ad laudes” transcribed from the Trent manuscript tr92. The notes’ values and the accidentals are as in the manuscript. The time signature is missing in all the voices, the “tempus perfectum” has been assumed from the context. The notes' values within the "ligaturæ" are as follows: the left upstemmed notes are semibreves - the unstemmed notes are breves, th right downstemmed notes are longæ. The “musica ficta” suggestions are in the MIDI and the MusicXML files.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Vidi turbam magnam.