7. Tu nobis dona fontem lacrimarum
Lejuniorum fortia ministra
vitia carnis millia retunde
8. Procul a nobis perfidus absistat:
Satan a tuis viribus confractus.
Sanctus assistat spiritus a tua
9. Gloria Deo sit aeterno Patri,
Sit tibi semper genitoris nate:
Cum quo aequalis Spiritus per cuncta,
Saecula regnat. Amen.
*In some hymnals the first line is Aures ad nostras Deitatis preces
1. God, of thy pity, unto us thy children
Bend down thine ear in thine own loving kindness,
And all thy people's prayers and vows ascending
Hear, we beseech thee.
2. Look down in mercy from thy seat of glory.
Pour on our souls the radiance of thy presence,
Drive from our weary hearts the shades of darkness,
Lightening our footsteps.
3. Free us from sin by might of thy great loving,
Cleanse thou the sordid, loose the fettered spirit,
Spare every sinner, raise with thine own right hand
All who have fallen.
4. Reft of thy guiding we are lost in darkness,
Drowned in the great wide sea of sin we perish,
But we are led by thy strong hand to climb the
Ascents of Heaven
5. Christ, very light and goodness, life of all things,
Joy of the whole world, infinite in kindness,
Who by the crimson flowing of thy life-blood
From death hast saved us,
6. Plant, sweetest Jesu, at our supplication
Deep in our hearts thy charity: upon us
Faith's everlasting light be poured, and increase
Grant us of loving.
7. Grant to our souls a holy fount of weeping,
Grant to us strength to aid us in our fasting,
And all the thousand hosts of evil banish
Far from thy people.
8. Bruised by thine heel may Satan and his legions
Far from our minds be driven, that are guided
By the indwelling of the Holy Spirit
Sent from Heaven
9. Glory to God the Father everlasting,
Glory for ever to the Sole-begotten,
With whom the Holy Spirit through the ages
Reigneth coequal. Verse Translation: Alan G. McDougall in Pange Lingua - Breviary Hymns of Old Verses with an English Rendering, 1916