Amelia (Solomon Howe)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-11-04). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 41 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. Several edits to the music. Both stanzas included.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-11-04). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 41 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). Both stanzas included.
Original text and translations
1. When Christ, the virgin's glorious Son,
Assumes his last judicial throne,
Bright clouds shall bear him down the skies,
And strike the world with dread surprise.
2. Angels, as lightnings, bend their way,
From the bright world of endless day;
To gather all his chosen friends,
From earth, and heaven's remotest ends.
Solomon Howe, The Farmer's Evening Entertainment, 1804