Break forth into joy (Joseph Barnby)
- Contributor: Matthew Alan Edwards (submitted 2019-06-21). Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 6.16 MB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Scanned score
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-11-22). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 122 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised files uploaded 27/10/18.
- Editor: Douglas Walczak (submitted 2002-11-09). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 152 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: Break Forth into Joy
Composer: Joseph Barnby
Source of text: Isaiah 52 vv 9, 10a and Lyra Davidica, 1708
First published: 1881 The Musical Times no.468
Original text and translations
Break forth into joy, sing together,
ye waste places of Jerusalem:
for the Lord hath comforted His people,
He hath redeemed Jerusalem.
The Lord hath made bare his holy arm
in the sight of all people.
Hymns of praise then let us sing,
Unto Christ our Heav’nly King,
Who endured the cross and grave,
Sinners to redeem and save,