Ecce concipies (Jacob Handl)
- Editor: Aristotle Aure Esguerra (submitted 2018-07-21). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 208 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1586 print; lowered m3; range indicators added; note values halved; editorial accidentals in square brackets; musica ficta above noteheads.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-06-09). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 44 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Musica Divina Vol. II Liber motettorum (ed. Karl Proske, 1854). Original key and note length. Revised files uploaded 14/05/17.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-06-02). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Musica Divina Vol. II Liber motettorum (ed. Karl Proske, 1854). Transposed down a major second and note values halved. Revised files uploaded 14/05/17.
- Editor: Abel Di Marco (submitted 2001-03-21). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 15.02 MB Copyright: Religious
- Edition notes: Composer is listed as 'Gallus'.
- Editor: Claudio Macchi (submitted 2000-09-16). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 60 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Rafael Ornes (submitted 1999-06-17). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 85 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Ecce concipies
Composer: Jacob Handl
Source of text: Luke 1 vv. 31-33
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet for Advent
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1586 in Opus musicum, Volume 1, no. 24
2nd published: 1854 in Musica Divina Vol. II (Carl Proske), p. 2
3rd published: 1907 in Sammlung ausgezeichneter Kompositionen für die Kirche, no. 3.01
4th published: 1977 in The Chester Book of Motets, Book 4, no. 3
Description: A two-part motet. Part two is 'Super solium David.
Original text and translations
| Latin text
31 Ecce concipies et paries filium, et vocabis nomen ejus Jesum.
31 Behold, thou shalt conceive and bear a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus.
- Aristotle Aure Esguerra editions
- James Gibb editions
- Abel Di Marco editions
- Editions with large score files
- Claudio Macchi editions
- Rafael Ornes editions
- Jacob Handl compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- 1586 works
- 1854 works
- 1907 works
- 1977 works
- Works in Book 4
- Latin texts
- English translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music