Jumblies Suite (John Kilpatrick)
- Editor: John Kilpatrick (submitted 2014-12-30). Score information: A4, 118 pages, 832 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: The edition is that performed at the Buxton Festival Fringe in 2014. Scores available: Full Score (in concert pitch), 118 pages; Vocal Score (with piano reduction), 54 pages; Parts for piano, wind and percussion, each 12 to 16 pages; Also available is General scheme of the work and the libretto.
First published: 2014
Description: A 35 minute suite with introductory & linking sections for tenor solo and piano, and choral numbers with wind ensemble. A version of "The Owl and the Pussy-cat" must be separately sourced: either that by Hely-Hutchinson, or the one by Stravinsky. Some solo instruments and percussion are included in the linking sections. The work includes accompanied versions of The Jumblies and The Dong, of which a cappella editions can be found on CPDL.
Sections in this work
- 1. The Book – tenor & piano
- 2. The Owl and the Pussy-cat – to be separately sourced
- 3. The Author – tenor, piano, choir
- 4. How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear – choir & ensemble
- 5. Preamble to The Jumblies – tenor & piano
- 6. The Jumblies – choir & ensemble
- 7. Preamble to The Dong – tenor & piano
- 8. The Dong (with the luminous nose) – choir & ensemble
- Complete text from the composer's website