Kyrie Le Roy (John Taverner)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2022-09-13). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 747 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Edited from the Gyffard Partbooks with the original pitch and note values retained. Taverner almost certainly intended his polyphony to alternate with organ polyphony based on the Le Roy 'square'. Since no contemporary organ settings of this square survive, I have attempted to compose suitable sections in the Tudor keyboard style. See the commentary at the end of the score.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-03-17). Score information: A4, 3 pages Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Original pitch. Original note values retained. This edition corrects three errors in the source (see Editorial Notes in score).
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2005-03-17). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 83 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Original time signatures. Corrected files uploaded 2022-09-14.
- Editor: John Henry Fowler (submitted 2006-01-08). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 108 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Arrangement (source?) augmented with plainchant, and keyboard reduction.
Title: Kyrie 'Le Roy'
Composer: John Taverner
Description: Quintessential setting of the Kyrie, which in Taverner's day was, more often than not, troped and hence often missing from mass settings.
Orginal text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Kyrie.