Missa Clementina I (Alessandro Scarlatti)
|It has been suggested that this page or section be merged into Missa Clementina I (Alessandro Scarlatti).|
- Editor: William Evans (submitted 2021-02-22). Score information: A4, 45 pages, 1.64 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: New performance edition by William Evans, 2021, transcribed from the 1703 autograph and the 1705 copy (linked below: my thanks to both institutions for making these resources available online). Original key and note values, tempo markings are editorial. Important corrections made from previous editions. Appendix contains version of Benedictus from 1705 Vatican manuscript. Intonations from Ordinarium Missae — Kyriale added for liturgical use: Gloria XIV — Missa Jesu Redemptor, Credo III, Agnus Dei I — Missa de Angelis.
- Editor: William Evans (submitted 2016-09-30). Score information: A4, 44 pages, 1.08 MB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised performance edition, 2016. Complete score: Kyrie, Gloria, Credo, Sanctus & Benedictus, Agnus Dei.
- Editor: William Evans (submitted 2015-08-15). Score information: A4, 39 pages, 835 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Performance edition by William Evans, 2015. Transcribed from the autograph score in the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, BSB Coll.mus.Max. 45. (RISM 450054839.) Archived at: http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db/0007/bsb00078296/images/ Credo omitted, note values halved, tempo markings and rests at phrase endings are editorial. For SSATB, and Agnus Dei SSAATTB.
Title: Missa Clementina I
(a different work from Missa Clementina II)
Composer: Alessandro Scarlatti
First published: 1703/1705, or 1723?
Description: MISSA BREVE À 5 VOCI E NELL'AGNUS À 7, DA CANTARSI À BRACCIO, COMPOSTA E DEDICATA ALLA SANTITATA DI NOSTRO SIGNORE PAPA CLEMENTI XI, APRILE 1723 (Missa brevis for 5 voices and Agnus for 7, composed and dedicated to his holiness Pope Clement XI, April 1723)
- 1703 autograph score in the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, BSB Coll.mus.Max. 45.
- 1705 scribal copy in Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, Capella Sistina MSS - Capp.Sist.193
Original text and translations
For information, refer to the Mass page. For texts and translations, see the individual pages: