Now cease my wand'ring eyes (John Dowland)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-19). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 53 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16802, with corrections to underlay.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-05-06). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 23 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Possible error(s) identified. See the discussion page for full description.
- Editor: Daniel Harmer (submitted 2006-06-13). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 53 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Now cease my wandring eyes
Composer: John Dowland
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Secular, Madrigal
Instruments: Lute (optional)
First published: 1600 in The Second Booke of Songs or Ayres, no. 13
Original text and translations
Now cease my wand'ring eyes,
One man hath but one soul,
Nature two eyes hath giv'n,