Tan-ta-ra cries Mars (Thomas Weelkes)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-08). Score information: A4, 1 page, 15 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #9291. Arranged for TTB.
- Editor: William Long (submitted 2008-03-19). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 40 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arranged for SAT.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2005-08-30). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 18 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
Title: Tan-ta-ra cries Mars
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
Tantara, rantara, cries Mars on bloody rapier,
Fa la, fa la, fa la, fa la, cries Venus in her chamber.
Toodle loodle loo, cries Pan that cuckoo,
With bells at his shoe, and a fiddle too.
Aye me, but I, alas, lie weeping,
For death has slain my sweeting,