Witness, ye heavens (Giles Farnaby)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-05-14). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 84 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14906, with corrections. Set for SSAATTBB. Revised files uploaded 02/02/19.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-10). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-14). Score information: Letter, 13 pages, 91 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
Title: Witness, ye heavens
Composer: Giles Farnaby
Original text and translations
Witness ye heav'ns, I vow to love the fairest,
To love, but how? For virtue, not for lust.
Why? Because she is the rarest.
Come life, come death, in her I only trust;
Hap death, hap life, I force not which betide me,
By her I live, from death I cannot hide me.