Woeful heart with grief oppressed (John Dowland)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-04-10). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16805, with minor corrections to underlay.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-05-06). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 21 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Daniel Harmer (submitted 2006-06-13). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 57 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Eva Toller (submitted 2003-07-02). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 154 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Arranged by Eva Toller. arranged for TTTBB by Eva Toller. All files are available on http://www.evatoller.se/main_men_titles_S-OE.html (Midi files available for each part.)
Title: Woeful heart with grief oppressed
Composer: John Dowland
Original text and translations
Woeful heart with grief oppressed
since my fortunes most distressed,
from my Joys hath me removed,
Follow those sweet eyes adored,
those sweet eyes wherein are stored,
all my pleasures best beloved.
Fly my breast, leave me forsaken,
Wherein Grief his seat hath taken,
All his arrows through me darting,
Thou mayest live by her Sun shining,
I shall suffer no more pining,
By thy loss, than by her parting.