Yet, sweet, take heed (John Wilbye)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2011-10-03). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 58 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: In original key. Because the range of the Alto part is actually greater than that of the Tenor, in this edition, Alto and Tenor parts have been interchanged in bars 51-74 and 90-93.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-11-15). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Listed alphabetically by language/nationality and composer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-01). Score information: Letter, 9 pages, 84 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Transposed down a tone. Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan.
Title: Yet, sweet, take heed
Composer: John Wilbye
Original text and translations
Yet, sweet, take heed, all sweets are hard to get;
Sting not her soft lips, Oh beware of that:
For if one flaming dart come from her eye,
Was never dart so sharp, ah, then you die!