Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 03:02, 12 May 2019 by BarryJ (Created page with "==Life== '''Birth:''' ca. 1748, England '''Death:''' 8 June 1817, Boston '''Biography:''' John Norman was an engraver and printer in Boston. He likely had a part in compilat...")
Birth: ca. 1748, England
Death: 8 June 1817, Boston
Biography: John Norman was an engraver and printer in Boston. He likely had a part in compilation and editing some of the books he printed.
View the Wikipedia article on John Norman.
Publications engraved and printed
- 1781 The Psalm-Singer's Amusement (William Billings) – Engraver
- 1784 The Massachusetts Harmony (1784) – Publisher, printer, engraver? compiler?
- 1786 The Suffolk Harmony (William Billings) – Engraver and printer
- 1786-1788 The Federal Harmony – Printer and publisher. Further editions in 1790, 1791, 1792, 1794
- 1787 An Anthem for Easter (William Billings) – Engraver
- 1788 Sacred Harmony or A Collection of Psalm Tunes – John and William Norman, engravers
- Britton, Allen P.; Irving Lowens; and Richard Crawford. 1990. American Sacred Music Imprints 1698-1810: A Bibliography. Worcester, Massachusetts: American Antiquarian Society. 798 pp.