I am having trouble uploading the complete score (Communion Service, Op18 in E Major) in PDF format (its ~4MB). Is anyone else having trouble uploading similar size PDFs?
- I've noticed, Douglas, that you have now succeeded. Well done! I've taken the liberty of adding a CPDL number to your edition and added a category or two, just the usual tidying. You may wish to see the discussion page as I've raised the issue of whether we should have a mass or communion service category on the page. The edition looks good, btw! -- Bobnotts 10:28, 24 February 2007 (PST)
- It took a while, I was searching for a free/cheap PDF creator for MAC as the one that came with the computer creates large files. The old program I was using is not compatible with my new computer. Thank you for cleaning page as well. I am not well versed in this sort of thing and I tend to just 'cut and paste' which can lead to problems. - February 24, 2007 14:05 (CST)
Hi Douglas. Thanks so much for adding all the works on the Holst page (and your promise of new editions to come). Very useful to see all of his output at a glance. Is this indeed a complete list? If so, I'll change the title from "List of choral works" to "Complete list of choral works". I've just moved the list into columns which hopefully makes it easier to browse the page. Cheers --Bobnotts talk 22:15, 3 October 2007 (PDT)
- I don't want to claim that it is a complete list yet, at least until I finish my research. Douglas 12:08 4 October 2007 (CST)
Hi Douglas. Thank you for your new edition of Wood's O Thou, the central orb. Just one thing - you don't seem to have run the "add works" form when you added your edition, since you copied the unique CPDL catalogue no. from another edition. Please run the "add works" form every time you submit a new edition so that this cataloguing number may be automatically created for you. Many thanks. --Bobnotts talk 08:52, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
Original text and translations
Goicoechea Errasti, Vicente
Hi Douglas. I believe you have slightly mixed up the composer name for Vicente Goicoechea Errasti (the Errasti is sometimes omitted, and sometimes the name appears as Vicente Goicoechea y Errasti). Goicoechea is the usual (shortened) reference to his surname, as far as I can tell. At any rate I think the composer name on the work page and on the composer page should be given as Vicente Goicoechea Errasti, not Goicoechea, Errasti Vicente which is surely in error. I can fix things for you, but I'll wait until I hear from you. Best wishes, and thanks for this composition! -- Chucktalk Giffen♫ 04:49, 17 August 2021 (UTC)
- You can fix it, I copied it and meant to fix it but forgot - I got a call from work. Thanks.
- Hi again. Claude got the composer word order wrong in the work page title, so I'll change it (ie. move it again). The first name is Vicente, the last name is Goicoechea Errasti (compare with Francisco López Capillas, whose last name is López Capillas). The English Wikipedia simply doesn't have a page for the composer, so it's good to have the Spanish Wikipedia link. -- Chucktalk Giffen♫ 14:40, 17 August 2021 (UTC)