A Song for Easter Day (Hermann Kotzschmar)
- (Posted 2004-02-03) CPDL #06641: (Sibelius 2)
- Editor: Douglas Walczak (submitted 2004-02-03). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 76 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
Title: A Song for Easter Day
Composer: Hermann Kotzschmar
Original text and translations
1. List my heart, those sounds of gladness,
In far depths of azure sky!
Angel voices died in sadness
At the cross of Cal vary.
Now in joyful chorus blending,
Seraphs chant in sweet accord,
Low in adoration bending,
"Glory be to Thee, our Lord!"
2. Stars, that shone above the manger,
When the shepherds hailed his birth,
Sun, that watched the lonely stranger,
Wand'ring homeless through his earth,
Moon, that wept his desolation,
When all these that loved him fled,
Sound the tidings through creation:
"Christ is risen from the dead!"
3. "Christ is risen! Hallelujah!"
So in heav'n the angels cry
"Christ is risen! Hallelujah!"
So on earth our hearts reply
Praising Thee, our Lord victorious,
Flow'rs of fairest hues we bring;
Praising Thee, our Saviour glorious,
Jesus, our triumphant King!
4. Saviour, lead our footsteps ever
thru' the world Thou once hast trod;
Let thy guidance fail us never,
'Till thou bring us home to God
'Till our earthly service ended,
Busy hands their labor cease,
And Thou welcome us, ascended,