Alleluyas (John Taverner)
Alleluya. [on unknown chant] & Alleluia. Veni electa mea
- Editor: Charles H. Giffen (submitted 2005-03-17). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 139 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Original key and time signatures, 'musica ficta' clearly indicated.
Alleluia. Veni electa mea
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2020-05-02). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 261 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Gyffard Partbooks. Original pitch and note values retained. Plainsong supplied.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-19). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 65 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Plainsong not included.
- Editor: Steve Jones (submitted 2003-05-30). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 100 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Note values halved, transposed up a major 2nd. Plainsong not included.
Composer: John Taverner
Manuscript c. 1575 British Library, Add. MS 17802-5 (Gyffard Partbooks), no. 9,10
Description: In pre-Reformation England the Alleluia was sung at Mass immediately after the Gradual. Taverner's settings were most probably intended for the votive mass of the virgin.
Original text and translations