Ecce virgo concipiet (Cristóbal de Morales)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-04-17). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 62 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16157, with clefs modernised and minor corrections to the underlay. Musica ficta are editorial.
- Editor: Nancho Alvarez (submitted 2009-09-14). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 74 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: E phrygian
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-19). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 38 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer. in E phrygian; A&T use C clefs
- Alternate version with halved note lengths:
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2004-12-21). Score information: Letter, 5 pages, 168 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: in G phrygian;
- Editor: Roberto Di Cecco (submitted 2003-08-26). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 34 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: written in original clefs (F3, C4, C3, C2) in E phrygian. The original website is not available any more, however this score remains available for downloading through archive.org (June 16, 2013).
Title: Ecce virgo concipiet
Composer: Cristóbal de Morales
Number of voices: 4vv Voicing: SATB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: A cappella
Description: Communion antiphon for Advent IV.
Original text and translations
Settings of the related Communion Ecce virgo concipiet (…nomen ejus Emmanuel) may be found at that text page.
| Latin text
7:14 Ecce virgo concipiet et pariet filium
| English translation|
7:14 Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
Original text and translations may be found at Ecce virgo concipiet.
- James Gibb editions
- Nancho Alvarez editions
- Brian Russell editions
- Paul R. Marchesano editions
- Roberto Di Cecco editions
- Cristóbal de Morales compositions
- 4-part choral music
- Sacred music
- Works in Latin
- A cappella
- Advent IV
- Latin texts
- English translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music