Every pilgrim has a mountain (Thurlow Weed)
- (Posted 2014-12-27) CPDL #33871:
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2014-12-27). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 21 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2014
Original text and translations
1. Every pilgrim has a mountain
that is hers alone to climb,
rising from the deepest places,
standing with the rush of time.
2. Every mountain has a summit
calling out to him who seeks,
though the way is often winding
and the summoning oblique.
3. Every summit has a threshold
with a path from either side,
where the hopeful meet the Hoped-for
and the guided know their Guide.
4.Guide us now and guide us always,
God of pilgrimage and peak,
Source of all that draws and drives us,
Sum of everything we seek.
From Songs for the Cycle ©2004 by Michael Hudson.
Church Publishing Incorporated. All rights reserved. Used by permission.