Grant, we beseech thee (John Okeover)
- (Posted 2021-10-21)
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2021-10-21). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 138 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from its unique source, RCM MSS 1045-51. Original note values retained.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2018-04-22). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 82 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition at the original pitch. Okeover's style in this piece exhibits a wide range of keys (and a love of false relations); a style directly paralleled in his Phantasia in A minor II available in the instrumental section of the notAmos web-site. In this situation, the editorial choice of key signature is moot.
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-23). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 99 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A bar-less edition of the anthem.
Title: Grant, we beseech thee
Composer: John Okeover
Description: A setting of the collect for the twenty-first Sunday after Trinity, from the BCP, 1559.
- Performance by the boys and men of Wells Cathedral Choir, dir. Malcolm Archer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTTGJOhOKto
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Grant, we beseech thee.